Monday 21 July 2008

Baby I got the Blues



Came back to earth with a crash. Got off the airplane at 6.00 p.m. on thursday week ago and was called in to work at 7.00pm. Life goes on and the willing suspension of all things non-ironman has to come to an end at some point. Looks like next year is lining up to be a cracker though. Have confirmed 2 ironmans (?sp) or should it be ironmen, 2 marathons and a weeks training holiday. Who says it is obsessive.

Feeling a lot more worn than after IM Lanza earlier this year and feel in need of some proper rest. Allowing the sessions to be done how and when I feel which mostly means short and low intensity. That said did my hardest bike session this year which was 3 mins flat out 3 mins recovery repeat x 10. This was a hard core high intensity session done with 5 others which wrecked my legs for a few days. I am focused on the London then the Vit but only in as much as I reckon I should use my fitness to put in a few races. Deep down I am already brooding over how to get the 3 mins on the swim, the 10 mins on the bike and the 10 mins on the run. To the swim I will devote an extra hour a week, to the bike I will put on more power using the turbo and go back to more hardcore Sunday rides and the run I will let take care of itself (with a winter focus on marathon running).



I figure that with me going up to 40-44 and a good day I could track down that elusive Hawaii slot. Although maybe the hills at IMCH will not be ideal going for me. Back to the day job.......


2 comments:

Jevon said...

G.
great photos.
strangely enough I htink the 3 minutes off the swim will be the hardest. NOt only do you have to get it off the swim but also leave yourself able to bike and run faster.
I think the turbo is a good idea - I noticed a huge difference after a winter of beasting sessions on mine and will repeat this year.
Oh by the way... HTFU will ya.... :)
J.

joannacarritt said...

another year of trying will get u quicker - its a long long process, me think. the 'tweaks' might contribute but y'll never really know - they're really just a tool for motivation.